August 25, 2015 Leave a comment
Our colleagues in the Water Security Division have issued their latest electronic news bulletin. See below for information about the latest in tools and products.
- Distribution System Monitoring and Response: Get help monitoring and managing water quality in the distribution system with EPA’s Water Quality Surveillance and Response System (SRS) Primer. Learn the basics about each of the components of an SRS: http://water.epa.gov/infrastructure/watersecurity/lawsregs/upload/epa817b15002.pdf
- Climate Ready Water Utility Videos: Learn how other drinking water and wastewater utilities are responding to extreme events and planning for their climate futures. These videos highlight five communities that completed their first climate risk assessment using EPA’s Climate Resilience Evaluation and Awareness Tool (CREAT):
- Emergency Response Mobile Website Video: Are you ready to respond? Watch and share EPA’s new YouTube video highlighting features of the Water Utility Response On-The-Go mobile website: https://youtu.be/loQqFAjcXNw
- Checklists for Dangerous Duo: Drought and Wildfire: Print and share the Drought and Wildfire Incident Action Checklists for water and wastewater utilities. These short lists outline preparedness, response and recovery actions, as well as valuable resources on monitoring, forecasting and planning:
- Webinar on Free Preparedness Tools: On May 13, the Water Security Division of the Office of Ground Water and Drinking Water hosted a webinar on free preparedness tools for water utilities. View the webinar: https://epa.connectsolutions.com/p1l2mejz3vx/